The Hammond SKX Stage Keyboard is Here!!It's on display and ready to try out! The SKX is the smallest, lightest, full-featured dual manual in Hammond's history. Scott Russ Music is the only store in the area that has it! Come down and take this amazing keyboard for a spin!
Thursday, March 8, 2018
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Brass instruments such as trumpets and trombones require proper maintenance to ensure that they will stay in good playing condition. We recommend the following tips to keep your brass instrument in top shape.
- Wipe down the exterior of all brass instruments with a non-treated cloth to remove residue and fingerprints.
- Wash the mouthpiece with warm soapy water. Make sure you dry the inside thoroughly.
- Warm up your instrument before playing by blowing air through it. (Pitch is affected by temperature)
- Never leave a brass instrument in a hot car or trunk. Extreme temperatures can damage your horn.
- Blow all moisture out before storing your instrument.
- It is recommended that all brass instruments be taken to a professional repair technician at least once a year for general maintenance and professional cleaning. This will prevent costly repairs in the future and keep your instrument in top performing shape.